Law Offices of Toby M. Schaffer offers legal representation in all kinds of accident cases involving personal injuries, both in Connecticut and New York. We also handle medical malpractice cases in these two states, and Workers’ Compensation cases in Connecticut. Please visit our Personal Injury Practice website.
This area of the practice is headed by Toby M. Schaffer, who is admitted to the state and federal courts in Connecticut and New York, and has been practicing law for over thirty-five years. As in our other areas of practice, our personal injury department offers you a free consultation in which we will extensively discuss your situation with you. All cases in our personal injury department are handled on a contingency fee basis; there are NO UPFRONT FEES TO YOU.
Ms. Schaffer graduated from Brooklyn Law School with the degree of Juris Doctor. She concentrates her practice in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice and workers’ compensation law.
She is admitted to practice before the state and federal courts in the states of Connecticut and New York. She is also admitted to practice before the tribal courts of the Mohegan and Mashantucket tribes, and can therefore represent clients in casino related injury and workers’ compensation cases.
Attorney Schaffer maintains memberships in the local, state and national trial lawyers associations. She speaks numerous foreign languages, including Spanish.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Worker's Compensation Law
- New York
- U.S. District Court District of Connecticut
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Connecticut
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of New York
- Mohegan Gaming Disputes Court
- N.Y. Court of Appeals
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Court
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- Juris Doctor - 1978
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association, Member
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfield County Bar Association