Law Office of Toby M. Schaffer

Get Us Started Working On Your Case Today

Call For A Consultation

Get Us Started Working On Your Case Today

Call For A Consultation

The Help You Need When You're Hurt

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Premises Liability
  4.  » Municipal Accidents

Pursuing An Injury Claim Against A Municipality

If you have been injured in a government building or facility, there are important things you should know about filing a personal injury claim. In Connecticut and New York, government entities are held to a different standard of liability for personal injury and wrongful death claims. In addition, you will be required to file a Notice of Claim within a certain number of days of the injury, or you may forfeit your right to sue for damages.

The personal injury law firm of Law Office of Toby M. Schaffer, in Stamford, has successfully represented many people in recovering damages after being injured in a municipal or premises liability accident. Our firm has been recognized for our commitment to responsive and knowledgeable legal advice and representation. Attorney Toby M. Schaffer will handle every part of your claim, from filing the initial Notice of Claim to handling a thorough investigation, case preparation and, if possible, negotiation of a full and fair settlement. In addition, she has the trial experience you can rely on if your case needs to go to trial.

Extensive Experience

We have helped people recover money for injuries resulting from the following accidents:

  • City sidewalk injuries
  • Government premise injuries
  • Public roadway defects
  • Slip-and-fall accidents
  • Stairway injuries
  • Elevator and escalator accidents

Prompt Action Is Important

We can tell you if you have a claim against the city, county or state for your injuries suffered in a municipal accident. Call personal injury lawyer Toby Schaffer at 203-883-9853, or email us. There is a statute of limitations on filing an injury claim, so it is important to act immediately.